Australian Butterfly Sanctuary is situated at 8 Rob Veivers Drive in the heart of Kuranda Village, half an hour from Cairns in Tropical North Queensland, Australia.
- Book a coach tour. There are a range of Kuranda tours with Tropic Wings that incorporate the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary in their itinerary, as well as Skyrail, Scenic Rail, and Rainforestation Nature Park.
- Hire a car and self-drive. Australian Butterfly Sanctuary also offers a 4 Park Pass, which gives great savings on the region's other main attractions. The 4 Park Pass is ideal for you if you have your own transport. Click here for more details.
Directions from Cairns to Australian Butterfly Sanctuary:
- Departing Cairns accommodation, travel North on Sheridan Street.
- As you pass the airport on your right, Sheridan Street becomes the Captain Cook Highway. You will soon cross the Barron River Bridge.
- Continue through the Machans Beach, Holloways Beach and Yorkeys Knob and Caravonica roundabouts.
- At the Smithfield roundabout turn left onto the Kennedy Highway, passing Smithfield Shopping Centre on your right and join the Kuranda Range.
- You may wish to stop at Henry Ross Lookout for a scenic view of Cairns and the coast.
- From Henry Ross Lookout, continue on the Kennedy Highway, passing over the Barron River Bridge. Follow signage and turn left into Kuranda Village.
- Turn left at Rob Veivers Drive to arrive at the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary.